Mind, Body & Soul

True Inner Peace is worth everything. It is the pearl of great price. When you find it you will do anything and everything to keep it. Seek peace and pursue it. You where created to know peace

Thursday 12 February 2015

When God Heals the Inner Child - Part 2

I was discussing the way one feels after one has let go of the past. Well usually the letting go of a really traumatic experience is not in our abilities but with divine assistance it is possible. We have discussed how looking back, it feels like it happened to someone else and we feel no more pain of association to the event, whereas when we refuse to forgive or allow ourselves to heal or face the situation,
 we have an invisible cord that binds us to the situation and we live like a shadow of what we can actually be. Hurting and in bitterness and resentful or in a confused vindictive state of why me. Being a victim is a worse state than being a victor. Conquering your demons and rising up from the ashes of your past like a phoenix that is our right. God has promised to bring comfort to us. As it is written in Handel' Messiah
  Comfort Ye

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned.
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
This is an excerpt from the book of Isaiah chapter 61. In that chapter Jesus is telling the people that he has been sent to bring everyone out of their prison of despair, confusion, darkness, to break their chains of oppression and to comfort the people. He has come with the good news that God does desire to heal the broken hearted and bring freedom to the captives. To give to the weary and oppressed  beauty for ashes, oil of joy for mourning and a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness so that they can be identified as God's people. When that has happened, they can go on to do unimaginably wonderful things; bringing restoration and prosperity to their homes and countries. You see, God is the God of Healing. We represent him fully when we are full of joy, healed and of a sound mind. God desires that every human being  reflect him as a pattern not broken, battered and abused, oppressed, suppressed and depressed. It is our human right to be full of joy no matter what we are facing and to overcome every trial and challenge we may ever encounter. We have inbuilt abilities to forgive and love, but sometimes the trials are so diabolical we cannot reach deep into our inbuilt resources to bring out love or forgiveness. We become broken and exhausted and bitter and wounded and so weak we do not want to let the person get away with it, so we hold them in unforgiveness and bitterness. However the same string with which we hold them is the same string that binds us with handcuff to them. So as long as we want them to suffer we will suffer as well. If you want to get rid of someone fast then set them free, unchain the bitterness handcuff and release them. Immediately you will become free yourself. 
Sometimes It seems like no one understands or cares how much you have suffered. Its difficult for any other human being to understand another's pain because we are not them. Only you know your pain and only you can decide that enough is enough you do no want to hurt any more. When that day comes your redemption is near. Reach out to God and give him the pain. Cry out to him to take it away and finally let the pain out in tears and words. Articulate the pain, verbalise the hurt. Don't keep silent. No one has to hear you. This is between you and God and your issue. Don't carry the issue as a trophy. No one can endure a vengeful victim for long. Its not attractive and everyone can tell. You desire to be happy and at peace then give the issue away. He alone can heal you and set you free from the pain and hurt. Yes the person who hurt you may seem to be enjoying life, let that not become your problem. Stay focussed on getting your freedom. You deserve it. Its time to let go. Right now God is here and reaching out to you saying "My child let me take this away from you. You don't have to carry it around with you. Let me take the shame, the pain, the wound now. Give it up. I will release to you, Joy and peace that no one can take away from you. Come now with me and let us walk together. Are you ready? If you are say this prayer below.
Dear God 
For so long I have carried this issue. This person (say the name) did this(say the issue ) to me and caused me to (say how it made you feel). I am hurting and in pain and I need help. I don't want to carry this with me anymore. Please take it away from me. I forgive (call their name)for doing this(say the issue) and I will never be bitter or resentful to them again. Please God bless them, Heal them of all their own issues and help them never to do this to anyone again. I give you my heart. Heal me as you have promised. I trust you to set me free from this and I will never be the same again. I put Jesus Christ at the centre of my heart and give him my life to take care of. You have said if I do so, I will become a new creation and old things will pass away and all things will become new. I give up my old self and I receive my new nature. From today I receive your spirit to guide me in every step I take. 
Thank you Father I am now your child. In Jesus's Name. Amen
Congratulations you turned a new leaf and started a new journey towards knowing your true self and the one who loves you most. Welcome to the family! If you have any questions, please make a comment and I will reply. Love and Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment